41.3% of all children in St. Louis live below the poverty line.
That’s 135,000 kids who are at risk for hunger – enough to fill Busch Stadium three times.
Meals For A Million aims to produce and distribute meals throughout Missouri to those in need.
- 947,900 Missourians struggle with hunger; 258,610 of them are children
- One in five people (including 1 in 4 children) do not know where their next meal will come from
- 7% of households receiving SNAP have children
- Missouri ranks 7th in the national ranking for Food Insecurity
- 441,329 Missouri children subsist on free or reduced meals–a 79.1% increase over the last 10 years
- 1,190,600 Missourians visited a food bank in 2014
Join us for an exciting community-wide food packaging event!
Come together with people of all ages to help prepare nutritious dried, non-perishable meal pouches for distribution throughout Missouri.
Your financial donations help make everything possible. All contributions are tax deductible, and sponsorship opportunities of every level are available. Meals For A Million operates with no paid staff, and ALL money received is used to support Meals for a Million.